Prepare an I/O Card For Removal
If the PCIe I/O card is assigned to an LDom I/O domain, use
these steps to avoid a configuration that is unsupported by the Direct I/O
or SR-IOV feature.
If the PCIe I/O card is not assigned to an LDom I/O
domain, go to Remove an I/O Card From the Server.
- Remove the I/O card from the I/O domain.
- Stop the I/O domain if it is running.
# ldm stop I/O_domain_name
- Remove the I/O card from the I/O domain
# ldm rm-io pcie_slot_name I/O_domain_name
For more information about making PCIe hardware changes, refer to Oracle VM for
SPARC reference manual.
- Add the I/O card to the Root Domain through a delayed reconfiguration.
# ldm start-reconf root_domain
# ldm add-io root_domain
- Shut down the root domain with one of these methods.
- If the root domain is a non-primary root domain, use this LDom command:
# ldm stop root_domain
- If the root domain is the control domain (primary domain), shut down the
root domain using Solaris commands.
- Physically remove the I/O card from the server.
See Remove an I/O Card From the Server.