Install the Lower Fan Cage
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Insert the fan cage in the slot:
- Tilt the fan cage and begin sliding it into the slot.
See detail 1 below.
Tilt the rear of the fan cage down approximately 15 degrees to bypass
the bottom of the scalability card cage.
Note - The scalability card cage has been omitted from the illustration for clarity. Do
not remove the scalability card cage.
- When the rear of the fan cage is approximately 1.5 in (40 mm)
from the midplane, tilt the fan cage up to the horizontal position.
See detail 2 above.
If you cannot raise the rear of the fan cage, it might
be hitting the guide pins on the midplane. Pull the fan cage out
slightly to bypass the ends of the guide pins.
- Push the fan cage onto the guide pins until the fan cage is
seated in the connectors at the rear of the slot.
- Tighten the captive screws at the four corners of the fan cage.
See detail 3 above.
Tighten the screws to 15 in-lb. See Torque Reference.
- Install the 16 fan modules in the fan cage.
See Install a Fan Module.
- Install the standoffs and trim panels.
See Install Trim Panels .
- Install the front door.
See Install the Door .
- Connect AC power and restart the server.
Reconnect AC Power to the Server
- Return the replaced component to Oracle.
See Return a Component to Oracle.