Replace an SPP Battery
Each SPP has a battery.
- Check the state of the battery.
See Check an SPP Battery.
- If the battery is faulty, remove the service processor.
See Remove an SPP.
- Remove the cover from the service processor.
- Remove two T20 Torx screws from the front of the cover (panel 1).
- Raise the front of the cover, then pull it toward you to
lift it off (panel 2).
- Use a small flat screwdriver or similar tool to carefully pry the battery
out of the battery holder.
- To insert the new battery, press it straight down into the battery holder.
The positive side of the battery faces up.
- Install the cover.
- Slide the rear edge of the cover into place at the rear of
the case (panel 1).
- Secure the front of the cover with two T20 Torx screws (panel 2).
Tighten the screws to 15 in-lb. See Torque Reference.