Prepare to Remove a Midplane Power Cable
- Unpack and inspect the replacement cable.
- Halt and power down the server.
See Prepare to Power Off the Server.
- Remove the front door.
See Remove the Door.
- Remove trim panels to protect them from being scratched.
See Remove the Trim Panels to remove the following parts.
- Remove the two side trim panels.
- Remove trim panel standoffs.
Remove the standoffs nearest to the upper and lower fan cages to protect
them from breakage.
- Do the following to gain access to the cables:
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Remove the front filler panel.
See Remove the Front Filler Panel.
- Remove the upper fan cage.
See Remove the Upper Fan Cage.
- Remove the scalability card cage.
See Remove the Scalability Card Cage.
- Remove the lower fan cage.
See Remove the Lower Fan Cage.
- Remove the scalability assembly.
See Remove the Scalability Assembly.