Remove an I/O Card From the Server
- Use an antistatic wrist strap to protect the equipment from ESD damage.
- Press the ATTN button on the carrier that contains the I/O card that
you wish to remove.
The LEDs on the carrier blink for approximately 10 seconds as the PDomain
disables the I/O card. When the LEDs on both the carrier and the
card turn off, the carrier and card are ready to remove.
- Label and remove any I/O cables from the I/O card.
- Remove the carrier from the slot:
- Pull the carrier's extraction lever.
The lever is held in place by friction.
- Swing the extraction lever out 90 degrees until the far end of the
lever begins to push the carrier out of the slot.
- Remove the carrier from the slot.
- Place the carrier on a static-safe workspace.
- Remove the I/O card from the carrier.
See Remove an I/O Card From a Carrier.