Currencies store translated values for entities. Every application must include a Currency.
You create members in the Currency dimension for each currency needed in your application. For each application, you specify a default currency to use as the Application Currency, and include a currency for each default currency assigned to an entity in the Entity dimension. Up to 100 currencies are supported.
To define a Currency Dimension:
- From the Home Page, select Application, then Overview, and then the Dimensions tab.
The available dimensions are listed.
- Click Currency to set the properties.
- Optional: Select the appropriate optional properties for your application:
- Enter a Description for the dimension.
- Select an Alias Table, if available.
- Enter an Alias name for the dimension.
- Select Two Pass Calculation.
- Check to Apply Security.
- Select the type of Data Storage to be applied to the dimension:
- Under Display Option, select whether you want to display the Member Name or Alias in reports.
- Select Hierarchy Type, if available.
- Under Cube, select which cubes you want to use. You can enable Consol, Rate or CbCR.
- Under Custom Attributes, click Create to add a new custom attribute. Enter a name for the attribute, and select the Data Type.
- Click Done.